Throughout the year, we speak at major conferences and private business events alike, provoking debate and discussion through keynotes, participating in expert networks, designing and running workshops, advising in private strategy sessions, engaging in controversial panels and even doing standup informal talks on a wide range of topics. In recent years we've given talks or chaired panels at Next (14, 15), Lift (07, 08, 14, Basel), Improving Reality, Media Convention/re:publica Berlin, FutureEverything (13, 14, 15, FutureEverything Singapore), Emerce Eday, SxSW Interactive, The Next Web Europe, Theorizing the Web, Open State, Adelaide Festival of Ideas, and more.
We've given recent talks on:
- Artificial Intelligence Meets Real Intelligence — What the near future of AI portends for how we live, work, think, and communicate.
- Computational Economies — How emerging technologies and new economic behaviors collide to create innovation, but also impact traditional business and social structures.
- Data-driven Living — About Big Data, algorithms, technology and sociality in the age of the technological black box.
- Shaping a More Human IoT — Putting social and cultural needs back at the center of the Internet of Things. See our Thingclash project for more.
- How to Future — How to spot and avoid one-size-fits-all, pre-packaged futures, and give people the tools to map and create their own. See our How to Future project for more.
Also, you can see recent project and research examples for additional topics for speaking engagements.
TO DISCUSS A SPEAKING OPPORTUNITY
If you have a speaking opportunity for which you would like to engage a member of Changeist, contact Susan Cox-Smith on +31 6 5265 2000 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org. To facilitate requests, please provide information on:
- Event and audience profile
- Speaking and travel budget
- Technical needs (if known)
- Any special event requirements
Internet Age Media, Barcelona, April 2016 | On Rethinking Futures
At CCCB in Barcelona | On futures, climate change and innovation.
Media Future Week 2016, Hilversum, NL | On AI, media and activism.
FutureEverything Singapore — October 2015 | On making friction in smart cities.
Next 15, Hamburg — September 2015 | On big data in next generation retail.
Thingscon 15 Keynote — Berlin, May 2015 | On friction, human needs and the IoT.
The Next Web Europe 2015, Amsterdam | On self-generating media.
Media Future Week 15 — Hilversum, NL | On design and the future.
What's Next for Memory and Identity — FutureEverything 15, Manchester, March 2015
Thingscon, Amsterdam, November 2014 | On emotion and the Internet of Things.
Next Berlin, May 2014 | On the future of data and retail.
Media Convention Berlin 2014 | On data-driven media.
Chairing The Secret Lives of Systems and Services — FutureEverything 2014, Manchester, UK, March 2014.
Lift14 in Geneva, Switzerland, February 2014 | On the consequences of the sharing economy.
Keynote for Media Future Week 13 in Almere, Netherlands, May 2013 | On flat-pack futures.
FutureEverything 2013 Closing Keynote, Manchester, UK, February 2013 | On weird futures.
Informal Economies, Barcelona, Spain, October 2012 | On bottom-up technology, innovation and disruption.
Recent and upcoming speaking events:
- Open State / October 20-22 / Adelaide, Australia
- Sibos Standards Forum / September 29, 2016 / Geneva
- Sibos Innotribe / September 28, 2016 / Geneva
- FutureFest / September 17-18 / London
- Futuro / May 27 2016 / Ibiza, Spain
- / April 7-10 2016 / Barcelona
NRC Moonshot / April 13, 2016 / Amsterdam
Thingscon NL / December 4 / Amsterdam, NL
Atlantic Council Energy & Economic Summit / November 18-20 / Istanbul, Turkey
Lift Basel 2015 / October 29-30 / Basel, Switzerland
- FutureEverything / October 10-18, 2015 / Singapore
Next 15 / September 26, 2015 / Hamburg, Germany
- School of International Futures / August 10-14 / Aylesbury, UK
Nine Worlds 2015 / August 9 / London, UK
Innovation and Futures Thinking / July 20-30 / Barcelona, Spain
- Thingscon (Scott Smith) / May 8-9, 2015 / Berlin
- The Next Web (Scott Smith) / April 23-24 / Amsterdam
- Media Future Week (Scott Smith) / April, 2015 / Amsterdam
- Theorizing the Web (Natalie Kane) / April 17-18 / New York City
- Anthemis Hacking Finance Breakfast Series / March 19 / London
- FutureEverything (Scott Smith, Natalie Kane) / February 26-27 / Manchester
- Haunted Machines (Natalie Kane) / February 27 / Manchester
- Emerce Eday / November 6, 2014 / Amsterdam
- Thingscon NL / November 7, 2014 / Amsterdam
- Smartup Summit, Flow Festival, Helsinki, FI / August 7-10, 2014.
- Innovation and Future Thinking / IED Barcelona / July 21-31, 2014
- Oxford Futures Forum / May 31, 2014 / Oxford, UK
- / May 23-24, 2014 / Linz, Austria
- Media Future Week 2014 / May 19-21, 2014 / Hilversum, NL
Fontys Academy for Creative Sciences / May 14, 2014 / Tilburg, NL
Cross Media Cafe Sport and New Media / May 13, 2014 / Hilversum, NL
- Media Convention / May 7, 2014 / Berlin
- Next14 / May 5-6, 2014 / Berlin
- FutureEverything 2014 / March 27-April 1, 2014 / Manchester, UK
- Lift 14, February 6, 2014 / Geneva, Switzerland.
- New York Times R&D Talk, January 16, 2014 / New York, NY
- Improving Reality/ September 5 / Brighton, UK
- Lighthouse Monthly Talk / July 4 2013 / Brighton, UK
- Media Future Week 2013 / May 13-16 2013/ Almere, NL
- ASU School of Sustainability / Labs for Learning and Making New Futures / April 10, 2013/ Tempe, AZ
- FutureEverything / Manchester, UK / March 2013
- Evolving Multi-Platform Media Landscape / Columbia Univ Alumni Club of NYC / October 2012
- Informal Economy symposium / Claro Partners / Barcelona / October 2012 (video)