Occasionally, our work and words make it out into the media world. Below is a sample of recent coverage, interviews and quotes.
You can reach us at any of these contact points to get comment, arrange an interview or discuss deeper analysis.
Previous samples of Changeist in the media.
- Scott Smith featured in a discussion on the sharing economy on Al Jazeera America's The Stream.
- City Fictions, a short film about a project from FutureEverything 14 that transformed part of Manchester into a glimpse at an urban future.
- Commentary, a project of the UK's National Football Museum and Field Matchday interviewed Fabien Girardin and me about the Winning Formula project.
- Mentioned in Ryan Bigge's "The Novel and the Future of the Near Future," at randomhouse.ca.
- Scott's Quartz article on lessons from the first year of Google Glass was picked by PSFK for its "9 Stories Your Need to Know Today" feature.
- Scott's talk about flat-pack futures was mention in The Atlantic's Robinson Meyer in his article on Google X and science fiction futures, "Google Wants to Make Science Fiction a Reality—And It's Limiting Their Imagination".
- "Views of a Dark World," on unseen infrastructure was featured on Gizmodo.
- Scott's piece for Medium on diminished reality was picked up by Gizmodo and published as "Forget Augmented Reality. What About Diminished Reality?"
- Interview on Sharing Economy talk for LIft14 in various Swiss newspapers, including 24heures.
- Coverage of Scott's Sharing Economy talk for Lift14 on WIRED's Beyond the Beyond.
- A profile of our work practices in M/I/S/C Magazine from Winter 2013 (and short excerpt online).
- Mentioned in an article on innovation in the Guardian by Justin Pickard from October 25, 2013.
- Comments on the future of open source warfare, in Bloomberg Businessweek Poland Oct 21, 2013 edition (PDF, in Polish).
- BoingBoing coverage of Scott's "Flatpack Futures" talk at MFW '13.
- WIRED's Beyond the Beyond coverage of Scott's "Flatpack Futures" talk at MFW '13.
- In Huffington Post Canada, on corporate futures fiction, September 17, 2013.
- In Fast Company, talking about DIY warfare and drone technology, August 2011.