We specialize in helping organizations and citizens engage with uncertain futures.
Alongside ongoing partnerships, Changeist works independently as researchers, foresight and innovation advisors, strategists, narrative designers and forecasters. We work with global companies across a range of industries and geographic markets, creative, design and innovation agencies, think tanks and research groups, cultural institutions, government bodies, non-profit, NGO and educational organizations on a consulting basis. Our consistent objective is to shape and lead creative exploration of the future.
Our work ranges from deep research explorations into emerging social, technological topics to developing creative narratives around possible futures to concepting and prototyping of future artifacts, scenarios and experiences.
Typical engagements include:
- Envisioning and designing experiences of possible futures for citizens, customers, stakeholders and society.
- Leading research and sensemaking around emerging trends and weak signals.
- Leading scenario development, from scoping research to strategy and facilitation.
- Exploring new product, service, communication or policy design.
- Researching and developing futures narratives, personas and speculative fiction.
- Facilitating future concepting, prototyping and speculative design workshops (see Workshops for more).
- Creative advisory and expert insights for future-focused media and events.
We recently helped design and lead a weeklong futures studio in Singapore.
Past projects have included research into the future of:
- Sports and leisure
- Business and personal finance
- Personal data
- Privacy and identity
- Internet of Things
- Health and wellness
- Millennials and money
- Retail experiences
- Urban mobility
- Play and learning
- Financial inclusion in India
- Food fabrication
- Robot / human collaboration
- Synthetic biology
Click through for a more detail of some of our public collaborations.